Spring 2013 Fitness Regimen

2013 has been off to a great start with my training! I am doing a lot of different and new things. It has been a huge challenge for myself too. And I think that is extremely important when you are working out -- keeping yourself challenged. It doesn't need to always be easy. I joined a new gym in December that I am really enjoying sans the type of Elliptical's they have. They do not have an incline control. I love high incline cardio work, but that's OK. I am doing more high incline walks, which is a lot more difficult but fantastic for melting fat. I like to switch up my regimen a few times a year so right now I am in a big leaning stage; focused on melting fat and keeping lean muscle. Here is a look at my average training week right now:

Sunday:
  • 12 minute cardio warm up (usually Elliptical or StairMill)
  • Upper body weight circuit for 3 sets of 15 reps (shoulders, chest, triceps, back, and biceps)
  • 20 minute high incline interval walk, 3.4 speed at 0 incline for 60 seconds/3.2 speed at an 11 incline for 90 seconds (I do not hold onto to the tredmill while doing this)
  • 10 minute cool down on the Elliptical, usually at level 8 and a 4.5 speed

Monday:
  • 30 minute walk at a 3.3 speed/3.0 incline
  • 45 minute Spin-cycle class

Tuesday:
  • REST DAY! :)
Wednesday:
  • Upper body weight circuit for 3 sets of 15 reps (shoulders, chest, triceps, back, and biceps)
  • 45 minutes Kickboxing
Thursday:
  • 15 minutes Elliptical (level 8, 5.0 speed)
  • 15 minutes high incline interval walk, 3.4 speed at 0 incline for 60 seconds/3.2 speed at an 11 incline for 90 seconds (I do not hold onto to the tredmill while doing this)
  • 30 minute intense core work out (this has been so difficult for me. I can't wait to master this)
 Friday:
  • 12 minute cardio warm up (usually Elliptical or StairMill)
  • Upper body weight circuit for 3 sets of 15 reps (shoulders, chest, triceps, back, and biceps)
  • 20 minute high incline interval walk, 3.4 speed at 0 incline for 60 seconds/3.2 speed at an 11 incline for 90 seconds (I do not hold onto to the tredmill while doing this)
  • 10 minute cool down on the Elliptical, usually at level 8 and a 4.5 speed
Saturday: (sometimes I will use this as a rest day and do legs Sunday if I do)
  • 20 minute cardio warm up (usually Elliptical or StairMill)
  • Leg work out: Leg press: 4 x 15, lying hamstring curls: 3 x 15, upright leg extension: 4 x 15, inner thigh machine: 3 x 15, squats: 3 x 15
  • 10 minute high incline interval walk, 3.4 speed at 0 incline for 60 seconds/3.2 speed at an 11 incline for 90 seconds (I do not hold onto to the tredmill while doing this)

0 comments:

Post a Comment