Exercises for Strong, Sexy, Muscular Legs

There is nothing I love more than built, toned, muscular legs. Leg days at the gym are most grueling work outs, but the most rewarding. I grew up doing gymnastics, dance, cheerleading, and track (sprinting) so strong legs were essential to my success in all my sports. And now leg work outs are my favorite. Today I wanted to share some of my favorite leg work outs to work the four major muscles in your lower body. Your glutes (butt), quads (upper front of your thighs), hamstrings (back of your thighs), and calves. These exercises are tough, but they get your results. Couple them with cardio and you are your way to sexy, built legs for the summer. Luckily, a lot of these exercises you can do at home with minimal equipment.
*A lot of the exercises below work more than just one part of your leg.

Quad Exercises:

Walking Dumbbell Lunges (Though the Quad is the primary muscle group worked, this exercise also strengthens Hamstrings, Calves, and Glutes. You can also do these stationary.)

Jumpsquats (This is one of my favorite exercises to do for my quads and inner thighs. It is also a great cardio work out. I challenge myself while doing these by not only going straight up and down but jumpsquating from side to side.)

Hacksquats

Barbell/Dumbbell Step Up's

Mountian Climber's (Also a great form of cardio)
Spin-cycling

Glute Exercises:

Glute Kickbacks

Single Leg Glute Lift

Cardio on the StairMill

Running

Calve Exercises:

Single Leg Calve Raises

Double Calve Raises

Running

Hamstring Exercises:

Flutter Kicks

Lying Hamstring Curls

Hamstring Curls with balance ball

Seated Leg Curl

0 comments:

Post a Comment